Spring 2018 - Liberty Reporter Newsmagazine
Our cover story "Fighting Back" describes the ordeal of Berenice Resendiz, whose family experienced two SWAT-style immigration raids that terrified her young children and violated their Fourth Amendment rights. You can also read about the ACLU of Utah’s new Campaign for Smart Justice, our voting rights victory for Navajo residents of San Juan County, our legislative wrap up, and so much more.
This issue was first published on April 16, 2018.
Download this newsmagazine as a (PDF)
In the latest issue:
- Fighting Back: A Utah family is standing up to new and harsh immigration enforcement tactics
- Victory for Voting Rights and Ballot Access in San Juan County
- Relief for Targets of Gang Injunction
- ACLU ON THE HILL: 2018 Legislative Review
- Getting Smart About Justice in Utah
- Fixing the System: Meet Jason Groth, the ACLU of Utah’s first Smart Justice Coordinator
- Utah Youth Stand Up, Walk Out, and Raise Their Voices
- Youth Activists Claim $10,000 in Scholarship Awards
- TIME TO CELEBRATE: The ACLU of Utah is turning 60 this year!
- Membership Meeting Explores Utah Activism Since 2016
- Anthony Romero Inspires Utah Audience
- Spreading the Word: Jason Stevenson brings a journalistic approach to the ACLU’s media and communications strategy
- The Director’s Chair, Brittney Nystrom, Executive Director
- The President’s Corner, Danielle Hawkes, Board President